January 2013 minutes

President Linda Godbersen called the Odebolt Betterment Committee meeting to order on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall. Present were Jim Mickelson, Joan Godbersen, Linda Godbersen, Kerry and Deb Reinhart, Jack Bensley, Madeline Meyer, and Carol Raasch.

Jim motioned to accept the minutes, with the change of Joann Paulson to Jen Paulson to be made, of previous meeting as written, Jack seconded. All ayes.
Treasurer report at this time is $8,362.18. Breakdown as followed.
Undesignated: $ 747.95
City Park: $2,843.72
Greenspace: $211.55
Sign Landscape: $61.00
Peterson Pioneer House: $4,497.96
Jack made a motion to accept the treasurer report, Jim second. All ayes.

There is $302.27 in Iowa State Bank for upkeep on the Triangle Park. There is $3,040.00 in the City account for the Peterson Pioneer house from the Renze grant and $4,138.00 from the Sac Co. grant for the Pioneer House.

Carol Raasch gave a report on the Rural School. The Legacy Committee is working with the ODC to have school ready for its Grand Opening during Creek Days.

Kerry reported that someone has contacted us about placing a water fountain in the Green Space Park. He has attended the Council meeting and they asked that he get more information on this.

Madeline gave an update on the Pioneer House. We have been awarded $4,138.00 from the Sac Co. Endowment Foundation. Madeline will contact the Lumber yard to see that the shingles are ordered and will contact Bryce Hustedt to be put on his schedule to start on the roof. Kerry suggested that Madeline mention to Bryce to use caution on the roof because the inside of the house is not stable. Madeline will also contact John Noyd on the security system. Madeline also reported that the Questors will be having a benefit for the Peterson House sometime in the spring.

Kerry reported that someone had done some damage at the City Park and Bob Lickteig has taken care of it for us. Thank you Bob.

Deb reported that Steph Fleenor is planning on having a meeting sometime in February to see if there is interest in starting a Tourist Committee.

It was decided that the OBC will continue meeting at City Hall and 6:00 the second Tues. of the month. Deb will contact the Chronicle to let them know of this so that it will be placed in the paper accordingly.

The next meeting will be Feb. 12 at 6:00 at City Hall.

Deb Reinhart

No comments: