February 2013 Minutes

President Linda Godbersen called the Odebolt Betterment Committee meeting to order on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall. Present were Jim Mickelson, Joan Godbersen, Linda Godbersen, Kerry and Deb Reinhart, Jack Bensley, Madeline Meyer, Carol Raasch, and Joel Ahart.

Jack motioned to accept the minutes of previous meeting as written, Jim seconded. All ayes.

Treasurer report at this time is $8,362.18. Breakdown as followed.
Undesignated: $ 747.95
City Park: $2,843.72
Greenspace: $211.55
Sign Landscape: $61.00
Peterson Pioneer House: $4,497.96
Jack made a motion to accept the treasurer report, Jim second. All ayes.
There is $302.27 in Iowa State Bank for upkeep on the Triangle Park. There is $3,040.00 in the City account for the Peterson Pioneer house from the Renze grant and $4,138.00 from the Sac Co. grant for the Pioneer House.

Carol Raasch gave a report on the Rural School. Work is progressing nicely in the school, with new walls, electrical, paint and new flooring. The Rural Legacy has many things planned for their Open House during Odebolt Creek Days, which they are busy working on.

Kerry will contact Sue Beers about the placement of the water fountain in the Greenspace area.

Madeline gave an update on the Pioneer House. Kris and Deb will work on a beautification grant thru Keep Iowa Beautiful. Jane Hogue is putting a plan for this project. Kris will attend the Council meeting asking for permission on this project. Madeline stated that Bryce Hustedt’s crew will begin shingling in April or when weather permits. Kerry suggested that Madeline contact Bryce to let him know how fragile the inside of the house is so that they proceed gently when they begin. Also Mark Horsley will begin in April with the replacement of the back door and outside wall repair. Madeline will also contact John Noyd on the security system. Madeline also reported that the Questors have set April 14 for their Omelet Brunch at the Community Building. Linda will check on the rent for this occasion. Joel stated that we are on his schedule for Spring to bring in black dirt and seed around the house. Kerry stated that before this happens the Questors and OBC need to pick up some of the larger rocks that are visible when weather permits. Madeline presented a bill from Odebolt Lumber for shingle supplies and Deb will take them to City Hall and they will be paid out of the Renze and Sac Co. Endowment grants.

Jim gave a report on the Mid-American tree grant. Elaine has taken Jim around to show him where the trees will be placed. Jim has ordered the trees and they will be delivered sometime between April 1 thru 15. If the trees can be planted before the end of April Eric Miller and his class would like to help with this project
Deb reported that the Historical meeting will be held Feb. 23 at 10:00 at the Odebolt Library.

The next meeting will be Mar. 12 at 6:00 at City Hall.

Deb Reinhart

No comments: