Pioneer Home

Open Memorial Day through Labor Day
on Sundays from
2:00 - 4:00 pm

To schedule a visit
at other times,
please call City Hall
at 712-668-2231.

The Peterson Pioneer Home, once located in the 400 block of South Walnut Street has stood since 1886.  It was built by an early Odebolt resident, Nels Magnus Peterson and his wife Mary.

In 1975-76 the Tlobedo Questors club led a project to renovate and furnish the house, lawn and garden. They have maintained the house and made it available for historic tours since then.

After much planning, the house was moved to 2nd Street between Main and Maple Streets, across the street from the Odebolt Museum and adjacent to the Iowa Rural Schools Museum.  Needed renovations are nearly complete.  The historic home will be more visible and accessible in its new location.

Read about the progress of this project

Visit the Pioneer Home page at