May OBC minutes

President Linda Godbersen called the Odebolt Betterment Committee meeting to order on May 14, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall. Present were Jim Mickelson, Elaine Rex, Linda Godbersen, Kerry and Deb Reinhart, Kris Ziegmann, Jack Bensley, Carol Raasch, Steph Fleenor, Joan Godbersen, Madeline Meyer and Joel Ahart.

Jack motioned to accept the minutes of previous meeting as written, Jim seconded. All ayes.
Treasurer report at this time is $8,282.18. Breakdown as followed.
Undesignated: $ 695.95
City Park: $2,893.72
Greenspace: $211.55
Sign Landscape: $61.00
Peterson Pioneer House: $4,547.96
We had received a check from Ingleside for City Park projects and we have received $30 from the sale of banners. Kris motioned to accept the treasurer report, Madeline second. All ayes.
There is $302.27 in Iowa State Bank for upkeep on the Triangle Park. I will check with the City to see what the balance is from the Sac Co. Endowment grant for the Peterson Pioneer House project.

Carol Raasch gave an update on the Rural Legacy. They have just a few things to do before the Grand Opening during Creek Days. They will also have t-shirts for sale during this time with the school on them.

Madeline reported that Sept. 22 has been set for the Omelet brunch fund raiser at the Community building. The Questors are planning to have the Peterson House open during Creek Days. Mark Horsley Const. has completed the back of the house so Kris and Deb have been painting and priming the new siding. Joel Ahart has leveled the dirt out and has seeded the area. Thank yous will be sent to the City and the County for their help in this matter. Joel suggested that down spouts and gutters be placed on the house, Kris will check in to this for a price.

Members of the Odebolt Betterment Committee and some middle school kids under the direction of Eric Miller planted trees at the pool, R.V.Park, Triangle Park and other areas. Madeline will stop in Sac City and get mulch for these trees. Elaine will do the final report to send to Mid American.

We have set the date of May 18 at 10:00 to clean the shelterhouse at Park. Linda will contact Taylor Bengford to see when he will have the time to work around the enclosed shelter house. She will also contact Chuck Gundreson, Jr. to see when he will be able to help with the berm at the Park.

Steph shared the sample of the magnet that she will be giving away during Creek Days. There were a few suggestions on this sample and Steph will take care of it. She will be asking the public to fill out a small survey and when they finish they will receive a magnet during Creek Days. It was discussed how many she thought she would give away during this time and also in August when she does the scavenger hunt, Madeline motioned that we order 500 magnets at $.20 each, Joan seconded. All ayes. She also asked for opinions on the survey and after some discussion she received many good ideas that she will put to use.

Linda has contacted Chris Cakes and has signed the contract for them to serve during the celebration. Carol has contacted the 4-H kids and they will help us serve that day. We discussed a schedule for that day and will put something together.

Steph also discussed the benefits of joining the Western Iowa Tourism board. If we join this board it would make us eligible for tourism grant. After some discussion it was motioned by Jack and seconded by Kris to join for $150 per year. The money will come out of undesignated funds.

The next Betterment Committee meeting will be June 4 at 6:00 at City Hall.

Deb Reinhart

No comments: